PayPal enables you to pay for your items via credit card or through your PalPay account.
To use PayPal you don’t need an account. You can simply enter your payment details to complete the transaction.
The advantage of using PayPal as our payment gateway is the increased protection they offer your personal information.
High Level of Encryption
Safeguarding your financial and personal information is one of PayPal’s most important priorities. That’s why they automatically encrypt all sensitive information sent between your computer and their servers.
When registering or logging in to the PayPal site, they verify that your Internet browser is running Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL) or higher.
Information is protected by SSL with an encryption key length of 168 bits (the highest level commercially available).
Your personal information is stored on their servers and heavily guarded, both physically and electronically. To further shield your credit card and bank numbers, we do not directly connect our firewall-protected servers to the internet.
Protection for Your Purchases
PayPal is the safer way to pay online, though sometimes it helps to know what to do in case something goes wrong.
When you pay with PayPal on any website, they can help recover your money (up to a value of $20,000AUD) through our Buyer Protection Policy, in the event that:
- your item doesn’t reach you;
- your item is significantly different to the item that was described
What must I to do to be Protected?
To be eligible for Buyer Protection you need to do all of the following:
- Buy physical items that can be shipped (excluding vehicles such as cars, caravans and boats);
- Pay for your item with PayPal;
- Pay for your item in a single payment. Items purchased with multiple payments (like a deposit followed by a final payment) do not qualify; and
- Open an Item Dispute in PayPal’s Resolution Centre within 45 calendar days of your payment (and escalate the dispute to a claim if necessary within 20 days of opening the dispute).